“As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.” (Proverbs 27:17 – NIV) Today, I launch a new clergy collegial blog. I hope we will encourage and empower each other toward success and excellence in pastoral ministry. As I sit in the Pastor’s Study at Cambria Heights Community Church, I often ponder the possible feedback of clergy colleagues as it relates to preparing sermons, counseling in particularly difficult situation, designing fresh worship, balancing competing priorities of ministry, marriage and family, maintaining self-care, pursuing personal dreams and private interests outside of ministry and family, and finding resources to meet the ever evolving and changing needs of the people whom I serve. After a sustained period of prayer, reflection and meditation, I realize I can invite you to come “In The Pastor’s Study” for an exchange of ideas.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012


First and Third Tuesday Intercessory Prayer Meeting at
Cambria Heights Community Church – 7:00pm in the Sanctuary


In response to an increasing number of significant prayer requests for healing (physical, mental, emotional and relational) and favorable outcomes amidst life’s daily challenges, we gather each First and Third Tuesday of the month at Cambria Heights Community Church for intercessory prayer. 

Your brothers and sisters in the Cambria Heights Community Church family and I invite you to join us in our important spiritual quest for encouragement and empowerment to face life’s challenges with authentic faith and genuine spirituality.  We believe in the power of prayer to Almighty God, the Creator and Father of humankind.  We hope you will join us regardless of your faith tradition.  As children of God, let’s utilize the best of our spiritual and religious practices to support our brothers and sisters in their existential challenges.

We assemble for an extended period of intercessory prayer.  We pray for persons who submit myriad requests for healing and other matters in accordance with James 5:13-16, Romans 4:18-25, Ephesians 3:20 and many other relevant biblical texts.  I invite you to submit names and appropriate details of persons whom you know to need prayer.  We remain and pray for each person by name.  I compile a comprehensive list for the prayer service.  Feel free to join us or to send names and requests.

Genuinely, we will pray to Almighty God with humble petitions to graciously grant healing to our brothers and sisters.  We will pray for freedom from pain, provision of excellent medical care and requisite financial resources, inner comfort and peace, loving support of caretakers, family and friends, and a greater revelation of countless biblical promises of God’s unfailing love and unquestionable faithfulness.

Whether today or some other time, I welcome any petitions you have.  I pledge our faithfulness in lifting your heartfelt concerns in prayer to our Heavenly and Holy Father.  Today, my heart feels a particular concern and burden for my fellow clergy and communities of faith.  Share any appropriate prayer concerns you may have relating to a desire for maximum effectiveness in ministry and the growth of relationships which enable success and excellence in ministry.  As I pray for my colleagues, I greatly solicit your prayers for the CHCC family and me as we more clearly grasp God’s will for our ministry and proceed to accomplish it.

I hope you will be able to join us for this service of healing and prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment