“As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.” (Proverbs 27:17 – NIV) Today, I launch a new clergy collegial blog. I hope we will encourage and empower each other toward success and excellence in pastoral ministry. As I sit in the Pastor’s Study at Cambria Heights Community Church, I often ponder the possible feedback of clergy colleagues as it relates to preparing sermons, counseling in particularly difficult situation, designing fresh worship, balancing competing priorities of ministry, marriage and family, maintaining self-care, pursuing personal dreams and private interests outside of ministry and family, and finding resources to meet the ever evolving and changing needs of the people whom I serve. After a sustained period of prayer, reflection and meditation, I realize I can invite you to come “In The Pastor’s Study” for an exchange of ideas.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Holy Communion Visitation


Holy Communion Visitation

Scriptures

·       1 Corinthians 11:23-29
·       Luke 22:14-20
·       John 6:53-58
·       Mark 14:22-26
·       Matthew 26:26-30
·       Hebrews 4:14-16 & 5:7-10
·       Hebrews 8:7-13
·       Hebrews 9:11-15
·       Hebrews 9:24-28
·       Exodus 12:21-27

·       In addition to reading one of the previous passages, consider briefly describing the meaning of Holy Communion in your own words.

Passing the Bread in Faith


·       “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.”

·       The Lord says, “Take and eat; this is my body.”

·       “This is the body of Christ.  It is the bread of heaven.  Take and eat.”

Passing the Wine in Faith


·       “This is my blood of the new covenant, which is poured our for many for the forgiveness of sins.”

·       “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.”

·       “This is the blood of Christ.  It is the cup of salvation.  Take it and share in the new life.”

The Prayer of Consecration and Intercession


·       In addition to asking the Holy Spirit to sanctify the elements and the observance of Holy Communion, we should ask the recipients if they have any specific prayer requests.

No comments:

Post a Comment